Feel free to check out our hundreds of happy testimonials or go to our Facebook page and see what our clients say there.
Advantages For Your Pet Include:
- In your home, your pet remains in his or her secure environment, where all the sights, smells and sounds are familiar.
- In your home, your pet follows his or her customary diet and exercise routine. Some pets get very depressed and may stop eating in a pet care facility (see note below at end of page).
- Your pet is not traumatized by travel in a vehicle.
- In your home, your pet is not exposed to other animals, diseases, fleas, ticks and other parasites. Most pet care facilities do their best to keep things at bay, however, it only takes one infected pet to spread it from pet to pet in close quarters.
- In your home, your pet is not traumatized from other pets trying to fight with them (pets can go home with cuts, scrapes and bites) in a group environment at a pet care facility. Some pets become aggressive with other pets when they go home.
- Your pet will be less stressed left at home.
- Your pet will stay happy left at home. Some pets will come home with diarrhea, anxiety, destructive chewing, and other behavioral problems after being in a pet care facility.
- In your home, your pet will not regress in housebreaking. When pets are at pet care facilities, they are allowed to go to the bathroom where ever, when ever they want. Sometimes, these pets think it is okay to do at home also.
- Your pet will be happy in his/her home rather than in a cold, lonely environment away from home.
- Pets in their own home, do very well alone when you are away. Most pets are home alone while you are at work and at night when everyone is sleeping (in most cases, there is no need for anyone overnight, pets just sleep). We do recommend a visit in the middle of your work day and three (or 4) visits per day while you are away.
- Most importantly, your pet receives love and personal ONE ON ONE attention while you are away, whereas in a pet care facility it could be up to 25 dogs to one person (in some cases 25+ ).
- Your pet will not have to spend extra time away from home, due to the pet care facility being closed on a Sunday or a holiday.
- Shy pets, cats, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small pets do better in their own home environment rather than in a pet care facility.
Benefits For You Include:
- SAVE GAS - we come to your home.
- SAVE MONEY - in multi-pet households, our prices will be less expensive then a pet care facility. You do not have to pay for extra days if you come home on a Sunday or holiday when pet care facilities are closed (your pet will be there when you arrive home no matter what time, even 3am!!).
- SAVE TIME - no need to take time out of your already busy day to drop off your pets or pick them up.
- As a registered client, we will always cover you if you ever became hospitalized, have a family emergency or a death in your family. We will start pet care just as soon as possible.
- You are not inconvenienced (or traumatized!) by transporting your pet.
- You are not stressed having to drop off or pick up your pet in certain time periods. You will pay extra if you are late to pick up at a pet care facility.
- You do not have to impose upon a friend, neighbor or relative when you use our service.
- Your home is looked after as well, since most pet sitters provide crime deterrence.
- You can leave home worry-free, knowing your pet is in good hands.
- You will ALWAYS be covered in emergencies, such as hospitalization or death in the family.
- Once you are a registered client with us, You will NEVER have to worry about finding another pet sitter if they move away, if they come down with the flu, if they have a death in the family, if their car doesn't start, if they need to have a full time job, etc. Professional Pet Sitting has 38+ pet sitters on staff.
- SAVE TIME - Also you will never have to spend extra time checking on another pet sitter, pet sitting company (or every independent contractor). If you can not use Prof. Pet Sitting for any reason (maybe we are not in your area), you should check police background, bonding, insurance and references. We do all of the above for you on all of our employees, to keep you and your pets SAFE. Remember that if you check the pet sitting company and this company uses independent contractors, not employees, you MUST check both.
- When using Prof. Pet Sitting, you can return home at any time of the day or night and find your healthy, happy pet eagerly waiting to greet you.
All in all, the majority of pets will do better in their own home, with a pet sitting service making visits. The pets that do not do well at home while you are at work, obviously will not do well when you go away. Aggressive pets are also not a good candidate for pet sitting. If you feel guilty placing your pet in a pet care facility, as is with the majority of us, do you and your pet a favor and leave them home with a quality pet sit
Pet sitters who stay overnight in your home, are generally not necessary. You will be paying for a person to sleep and your pets are sleeping also. The only time that overnights maybe necessary are when a pet is ill (and then that pet may be better in an animal hospital - keep in mind that there is no hospital or pet care facility that has a person check on every pet 24/7, even if they have a person on the premises at night).
If you use a pet sitter other than our company, please check them out THOROUGHLY. Pet sitters are not created equal. To keep you and your pets safe, check out "Frequently Asked Questions" to help guide you when you check out other pet sitting companies, pet sitters and all independent contractors hired by other pet sitting companies. Due to the economy, many people start pet sitting, thinking it is easy money, find out it is hard, find a full time job, and then when you need pet care, they are gone. Make sure, the pet sitting company IS a company and has been in business for a minimum of 5 years. You can check with the state. Make sure they have at least 3 - 4 back ups in case something were to happen and somehing WILL happen. Again, check out our FAQs or call our office and Dori will be happy to give you ideas to help keep you and your pets safe, especially if you are out of our service area.
If you MUST use a pet care facility, for whatever reason, please do your homework. See EXACTLY where your pet will be "living". Do not accept excuses (insurance regulations, it will disturb the dogs) or just look through a window where your pet will be, actually go in and see the actual pet quarters. Inspect the kennel - is it spacious, is it clean, does it smell, is the concrete or paint chipping, are the sides made of fencing. It is not recommended that pets can "touch" each other through fencing, some dogs will lift their leg to urinate and it will go into the next kennel, possibly onto your pet. Pets may also try to fight through fencing or get paws and/or teeth caught. Note: A Pet Care Facility can be any place away from your home that takes care of pets, such as a boarding facility, kennel, etc.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2013