Are You Ready
to Welcome a
Cat into Your
Home and Life?
Author, Darlene Wagner for Professional Pet Sitting Etc.
Having a cat (or two, or three…) in your life is a wonderful, rewarding experience. But, out of fairness to all parties concerned, it’s very important that you make sure a cat is a good fit for you and your household.
It’s widely accepted that our feline friends are less emotionally dependent than our canine companions, but they still require your attention, time, money, and a serious and long-term commitment. While they make wonderful companions, you need to be certain that by welcoming a cat into your home and your life, you’re going to be in it for the long haul. Start by considering the following:
Ask yourself, “Why Do I Want a Cat?”
- For companionship – Cats are very social creatures and they bring a lot of love into a home. If you fantasize about curling up on the sofa with a good book, and a kitty purring in your lap, a cat may be a welcome addition to your family.
- For health – It has been scientifically proven that living with a pet is good for you. It lowers blood pressure, encourages activity, and gives your life additional purpose. Obviously, the health benefits should not be the only reason you opt to open your home to a cat, but it is definitely an added benefit.
- Out of impulse – Avoid taking on the responsibility of any pet on a whim. It is a commitment that should always be taken seriously, and one for which you should be fully prepared.
- For your child(ren) – If your child has been begging and pleading for a cat, or you want to teach him to be more responsible, please reconsider. No matter how much your child pleads, or promised to take care of the furry family member, you will be the primary caregiver for any pet. If you yourself don’t want to be responsible, don’t get a cat.
- Cats are easier than dogs – Sure, caring for a cat doesn’t require daily walks, playing fetch or regular bathing, and there are known for being more independent than dogs, but they need more attention and work than most people realize. Misinformation abounds about the necessary care for a cat ~ some people think they don’t need to be fed regularly because they are natural hunters, while others think regular wellness checks with the veterinarian aren’t necessary. If you’re considering welcoming a cat to you family because you think it will be easy, please reconsider.
Yes, there is a lot to consider before making the decision to share your life and home with a fabulous feline. It’s extremely important that you take the time to carefully consider whether or not a cat is a good fit for you, your family, and your lifestyle. Too many cats wind up in shelters because their former parents just weren’t ready to have them in the first place.
If you liked this article, check out our other articles – Complete List Of Our Article and Videos
About the Owner and Professional Pet Sitting Etc
Dorinne Whynott, is a long time animal professional. She is a successful business owner establishing one of the largest pet sitting companies in New Hampshire since 1990. Click to Read her complete History.
Professional Pet Sitting Etc. is a leading business in the pet care field and continues to grow since 1990. It is an AWARD WINNING business, having been awarded the 2015 Best Pet Sitting , 2015 Best Dog Walker, Business of the Year Awards in 1996, 1997, 2006 and 2010. It boasts 30+ amazing pet sitters on staff, over 3000 clients in 38 cities from Nashua to Concord, NH. Hundreds of satisfied client testimonials can be found on their website and more 5 star reviews on their Facebook page, Google+ page and more. They have sustained an A+ rating with the BBB, A rating with Angie’s List and are unmatched in the Pet Sitting Industry in New Hampshire.
Contact us by phone at 603-888-8088
Pet Sitting NH , Pet Sitting Nashua NH , Pet Care NH, Petsitternh, Petsittersnh, Professional pet sitter, pet sitters, professional pet sitting, pet sitting, pet sitter, professional pet services, professional pet sitters, pro pet sitting, pet sit, pet, puppy sitting
cat sitting, cat sitter, cat sitters, professional cat sitter
dog, dog sitting, professional dog sitter, Dog walking new hampshire, dog sitter, Dog Walking NH, dog walking services, Dog Walker, Dog Walker NH
Professional Pet Sitting Etc Reviews and Testimonials
All rights reserved, copyright 2013, 2014, 2015
This article can not be copied in part or in whole without specific written permission by the Author and Owner.