Our Dog Walking/Mid Day Visits in your home may be better then
Play All Day Daycare for you and your dog
OR choose Our Enrichment Play Daycare Program
Author, Dorinne Whynott, Owner of Animal Care Center of NH & Professional Pet Sitting Etc.
Our most requested service is our Dog Walking/Mid day Let out. Our pet sitters make visits to your home every day while you are at work Monday through Friday or whatever your work schedule may be. Some people have asked how our mid day service is more beneficial.
Here are a few benefits of Dog Walking/Mid Day Pet Sitting service:
- Saves Money – in most cases pet sitting visits cost less, even for one dog. However, our visit prices are for up to 3 dogs, so it saves ALOT when you have more then one dog. Plus, no penalty cost if you have to pick up late (they are already home!).
- Saves Gas – since we come to your home, there is no need to use extra gas bringing your dog anywhere or using more gas to pick them up
- No Stress for you – many daycare facilities have rules about drop off and pick up times, so if you must leave really early in the morning or get out of work later at night, you may need to have someone else drop off or pick up your pet. If you are running behind at work your stress level may increase if you are getting close to the Daycare’s closing time
- No stress for your dog – if your dog is not a dog that loves to go for rides or gets cars sick. Also, many dogs get stressed when in a new environment and every time a new dog comes into the “pack” (facility).
- Saves Time – since we come to your home, you don’t have to plan extra time in the morning or after work when you are tired. If you are running late in the morning and don’t have time to drop off our dog, he will be home all day without a break ( unless you call us). Or if there is snow, all that extra morning time will be eaten up clearing off your car just to get to work. Not to mention the extra time to get to work since traffic will be slower in bad weather.
- Saves more time – with a click of your mouse on a pet sitting company’s online system you can book an extra supper visit, you can add extra time, you can go on a regular schedule for mid day let out and book every Monday – Friday or every mon-wed-fri or whatever your schedule is, even if it is sporadic.
A good Professional Pet Sitting Company will have an online reservation system, which will allow you to make all reservations 24/7, 365 days per year and you can update your personal pet care information any time you wish.
Also, a Professional Pet Sitting Company will be able to care for your pets 365 days per year. Daycares, unless they are boarding facilities as well, can not. Even if they can board your dog, can you pick your dog up at 3am when your flight comes in?? Probably not. If your pet is home all snuggled in his bed, he will be there waiting for you no matter what time you come home.
In a highly professional pet sitting company (see What to Look for in a Pet Sitting Company), A trained and qualified Professional Pet Sitter will let your pet out to go to the bathroom, get some fresh air, stretch and let off some anxiety, play with toys or play ball, have some treats and always get lots of TLC and personal attention during the day while you are at work. The biggest plus is the one on one attention that your dog receives. Hugs, love and treats are all part of the attention and is the best part for dog and pet sitter !!
Pets need human interaction – Most pets really need human interaction. Being home alone all day every day, some pets get depressed. They just sleep. Inactivity, boredom, depression can lead to other problems, like obesity and health issues, as well as destructiveness and other behavior issues.
Here is a link to my other blog for more information on Mid Day Let Out/Dog Walking
Why your dog needs a break in the middle of your work day
At our Animal Care Center of NH we have Enrichment Play Daycare Program.
Our Program is VERY different from the Play All Day Model as mentioned below.
Here is more about our Enrichment Play Daycare program –
Why we chose Enrichment Play for our facility?
Here is how a Play All Day Daycare is different from Dog Walking/Mid Day Let Out;
- Play All Day Daycares do not give your dog one on one attention. Attendees are busy watching over many dogs. If you see your dog clinging at anytime to an attendee instead of out and about with the dogs, your dog is not interested in Daycare.
- Dog Walking/Mid Day let out is one sitter with your dog for the entire visit, lots of one on one
- Our Enrichment Play Daycare has lots of activities, some are one on one and you can schedule more one on one activities if you choose
- Dogs do NOT get rest times in a Play All Day daycare facilities There is no regular rest times where dogs are safe from other dogs and not interrupted. If one dog is resting, another dog may want to play, pouncing on the resting dog, forcing them to be interrupted with resting. There is no benefit to an over stimulated, over stressed, over tired cranky dog, increasing the possibilities of dog fights.
- Dog Walking/Mid Day let out is one sitter with your dog for the entire visit, and your dog can choose resting throughout the day
- Our Enrichment Play Daycare has lots of activities and play with regular rest periods where your dog can recharge without worry of other dogs pouncing or interrupting. Dogs require lots of rest periods as described in our above article
- All Daycares are not open every day, so if you need pet care or want to pick up your pet on a Sunday or Christmas, these facilities might not be available. Very few Daycare facilities are open 365 days per year. A good Professional Pet Sitting Company has pet care 365 days per year.
- Dog Walking/Mid Day let out can be scheduled 365 days per year
- Our Enrichment Play Daycare is scheduled during the week and we are planning weekends in the future
- Daycares may not be there for you in an Emergency – All Daycares and Boarding facilities, get full, if you have a family emergency, there may not be availability. A good Professional Pet Sitting Company generally will always help with pet care in an emergency.
- Dog Walking/Mid Day let out is available all year
- Our Enrichment Play Daycare only has so much space in our building, so unfortunately we do get full
When considering Daycare vs Mid Day Let Out, please know your pets.
Know the difference between a Play All Day Daycare and our better Enrichment Play Daycare Program.
These are a few pets that are not good candidates for Daycare;
- Shy pets – shy pets really do better in a one on one mid day visit rather then being dropped off at a busy daycare. I’ve seen shy pets huddled up in a corner, stressed just waiting to get out of there.
- Dogs that do not like other dogs – a fight waiting to happen. If they are home getting one on one attention in your yard, they will be away from other dogs.
- Dogs that insist they are always the boss with other dogs – a fight waiting to happen. Again, If they are home getting one on one attention in your yard, they will be away from other dogs.
- Dogs that tire easily – they will just get cranky and not happy. If they are with a pet sitter and start to get tired, they can just find their bed and take a nap.
- Dogs with any health issues – they need to be home, only 100% healthy pets should be at a daycare with other dogs, for the well being of your dog with health issues
- Dogs that are elderly, arthritic, joint problems – dogs in this category should be home, its just not fair to them with all the pouncing and jumping not to mention how painful arthritis and joints can be.
- Dogs that get over stimulated – again a fight may happen. These dogs do much better with less things going on around them with just one on one attention.
- Dogs that get anxiety when there’s too much going on – These dogs like to control the room and feel they must calm everyone down, they run around biting other dogs backs which is a dog sign for that dog to calm down but its just too much fun, so your dog runs around and around, wearing herself out because no one is listening.
Sometimes, when people pick up there dogs, they pick up exhausted dogs and for the happy go lucky high energy dogs, that’s a good thing but for others that exhausted dog, who had been running and running in a panic all day, may not be having a good time. This is when you really need to have at least 2 people who know dog posture (not a daycare worker or someone who works there) go with you and observe your dog. Is all that running around good, are they really having fun or is that miserable exhaustion full of anxiety and nervousness.
If you are considering a Pet Sitting Company, here are a few links to information to help you
Top 10 Things to look for in a Pet Sitting Company
What to look for in a Pet Sitting Company
Advantages and Benefits of using a Pet Sitting Company
Tips to get the Most out of your Pet Sitting Experience
5 Ways Pet Sitting company keeps you and your pets safe
If you are considering a Daycare, here are a few things to look for;
- The facility show look and smell clean – some dog smell is expected but shouldn’t be unpleasant.
- The Animal Care Center of NH is cleaned regularly
- The facility shouldn’t smell musty, moldy or too chemical -too much of a harsh chemical is not good for dogs or people. It doesn’t take much to kill bacteria. Musty, moldy or unclean smells may mean that they are not cleaning correctly and that germs and bacteria aren’t being properly killed.
- The Animal Care Center of NH is cleaned regularly to keep it smelling nice
- You shouldn’t see things in disrepair, rusty, rotting roof – The facility should be keeping up with their maintenance, if not maybe there is a reason, poor management, clients leaving, etc. Plus you do not want your pet to chew or cut themselves on anything.
- The Animal Care Center of NH passed all inspections from the town and others
- A tour – tours are best in person but a virtual tour is a good alternative
- The Animal Care Center of NH is amazing to see, look for our virtual tour video in videos at the top of our article list
- What is the protocol for disease prevention – most facilities have very good disease control with disinfectant and requiring up to date vaccines.
- The Animal Care Center of NH uses products to inhibit diseases and requires all vaccines to be up to date. Even our turf is anti-bacterial
- What is the protocol for parasites – most facilities do a great job as keeping their facilities parasite free, but please know, that if a dog goes on a trail walk the day before and comes to daycare today, the facility will kill any parasites that may shed in the facility, but if the dogs are kissing and grooming one another, they can spread the parasites to one another. It’s good to check for parasites with your vet at least 2-4 times a year, more if you frequent places with many dogs, such as daycares and dog parks.
- The Animal Care Center of NH uses products to inhibit parasites and requires negative fecal tests but we can not control where every dog goes when not at our facility.
- What is the protocol for a dog fight – if dogs start fighting, all pet professionals will break it up fast.
- The Animal Care Center of NH employees know protocol if this happens but we use prevention so this hopefully will not happen.
- What is the protocol if there is a fire – All facilities need a fire protocol. Also ask about the sprinkler system, when was it last maintained and tested. How old is it?
- The Animal Care Center of NH has a state of the art brand new fire alarm and sprinkler system that was just installed
- What is the person to dog ratio –should be one person in the group for every 20 dogs, however most Play All Day Daycares have 1 person up to 90 dogs!! This is for your dogs’ safety. That is still ALOT of dogs for one person to keep an eye on. Attendees should be continually walking around and watching the dogs. The person should not be sitting, texting or on Facebook!
- The Animal Care Center of NH, we want lower number of dogs for our activities to keep it fun for our employees and for the dogs. Large groups of dogs are stressful for dogs.
- Is there certain drop off and pickup times? – some facilities want dogs dropped off all in the same time frame and picked up later around the same times. In essence, this makes sense because all the dogs get all excited when dogs enter or leave and then they settle down. Dogs entering and leaving are the times that problems happen the most, dog fights, etc.
- The Animal Care Center of NH requires scheduled drop off and pick up times for the safety of all dogs plus we can have everything ready for you so you are in and out quickly
The best dog for Play All Day Daycare
- Non stop high energy dogs that get along with every dog they meet. Do you have one of those? A dog that will play non stop for 4 plus hours. This is the perfect dog for daycare.
The best dog for our Enrichment Play Daycare program
- Young dogs that are eager to learn. When we start them out early with great obedience, boundaries and consistency, dogs blossom because we give them a platform of communication and dogs love when they know what is wanted from them
Dogs that are not a candidate for our Enrichment Play Daycare nor Dog Walking/Mid Day Let Out
- Dogs that are aggressive towards people, dogs that have bitten people. For safety of all employees, you should never consider your aggressive or biting dog for either of these services.
- Dogs that are aggressive towards other dogs or animals
- For safety of all animals, you should never consider your aggressive or biting dog for either of these services
If you want to use our Enrichment Play Daycare program AND Dog Walking/Mid Day Let Our Service
- We have a few clients whose dogs do better if daycare and mid day visits are alternated, such as mid day visits are scheduled for every Mon-Wed-Fri and use Daycare every Tues-Thurs or vice versa.
Feel free to use my guides above to find the right services for you and your dog in your area. Even though you may not be in our area, if you have any questions about pet sitting or Enrichment play , please don’t hesitate to call or email me. I love helping if I can!!
I hope you found this interesting and helpful.
About the Owner/Author
Dorinne Whynott, is a long time animal professional. She is a successful business owner establishing one of the largest pet sitting companies in New Hampshire since 1990. Click to Read her complete History.
Professional Pet Sitting Etc. is a leading business in the pet care field and continues to grow since 1990. It boasts 30+ amazing pet sitters on staff, over 3000 clients in 38 cities from Nashua to Concord, NH. Hundreds of satisfied client testimonials can be found on their website and more 5 star reviews on their Facebook page, Google+ page and more. They have sustained an A+ rating with the BBB and are unmatched in the Pet Sitting Industry in New Hampshire.
Click For a Complete List of all of our educational Blogs
Go to Professional Pet Sitting Etc. Website for more information on the best pet sitting company or click on “New Client” to contact us or register for dog walking or pet care.
Contact us by phone at 603-888-8088
Pet Sitting NH , Pet Sitting Nashua NH , Pet Care NH, Petsitternh, Petsittersnh, Professional pet sitter, pet sitters, professional pet sitting, pet sitting, pet sitter, professional pet services, professional pet sitters, pro pet sitting, pet sit, pet, puppy sitting
cat sitting, cat sitter, cat sitters, professional cat sitter
dog, dog sitting, professional dog sitter, Dog walking new hampshire, dog sitter, Dog Walking NH, dog walking services, Dog Walker, Dog Walker NH
All rights reserved, copyright 2013, 2014
This article can not be copied in part or in whole without specific written permission by the Author/Owner.