It’s not just for puppies !!
Give the Ultimate Gift of Love to your pet –
Mid Day Let Out
Author, Dorinne Whynott, Owner of Professional Pet Sitting Etc.
A break in the middle of your work day is the ultimate gift of love for your pets. Pet Sitting Companies offer these breaks by making visits to your home while you are at work. They can be scheduled for every Monday through Friday or every Monday-Wednesday-Friday or however you wish to schedule it to benefit your pet the most. It is generally the most requested service in a pet sitting company for dogs but as you will see, it can be for any pet.
All pets need a break during our long work days, double shifts, unexpected or planned overtime. Pets can only go for so long without needing to go out. It can be agonizing for a grown pet to even think of having an accident in your home. If you work or are away from home 6 hours or more per day, you may want to consider a mid day break for our pets.
In a highly professional pet sitting company (see What to Look for in a Pet Sitting Company), A trained and qualified Professional Pet Sitter will let your pet out to go to the bathroom, get some fresh air, stretch and let off some anxiety, play with toys or play ball, have some treats and always get lots of TLC and personal attention during the day while you are away. The biggest plus is the one on one attention that your dog receives. Hugs, love and treats are all part of the attention and the best part for dog and pet sitter !!
Pets need human interaction – Most pets really need human interaction. Being home alone all day every day, some pets get depressed. They just sleep. Inactivity, boredom, depression can lead to other problems, like obesity and health issues, as well as destructiveness and other behavior issues.
Here are a few pets who would benefit from a mid day visit:
- Puppies (dogs under a year old) – Very young puppies that are not house broken yet may need 1-2 breaks while you are at work. They need a bathroom break about every 3 hours.
- Elderly Dogs (dogs 7 years and older) – as dogs age, just like us, they may need to go to the bathroom more often.
- Adopted Dogs of any age – newly adopted dogs in a new home may not be on a schedule yet. Having a break in the middle of the day, helps them acclimate and not be so lonely coming from a kennel type environment where there we lots of people and attention.
- Crated Dogs – dogs that are crated should be let out of their crates every 3-4 hours to stretch their legs.
- Pets with any health issues – a pet with a health issue may benefit from having someone check on the during the day, just to make sure they are okay. It not only gives you peace of mind but the pet also benefits.
- Pets with general Anxiety/nervousness – pets who are generally nervous or have anxiety benefit from a break. Sometimes just expending that nervous anxiety in a walk or playing ball helps them to stay calm later in the afternoon.
- Pets who are destructive – Destructive pets need to expend that energy in a constructive way so as not to destroy the house or something that may be harmful to their well being, like electrical cords. Destructive pets for their safety may need to be crated, a pet sitter can come and give them that much needed break and playtime. If you have a dog who is so destructive, he has chewed through his crate ( yes, that has happened), working with a behaviorist, trainer along with a pet sitter can help in the long run.
- Pets with Separation Anxiety – Separation Anxiety pets do benefit from Mid Day Visits, however in extreme cases they may benefit from staying with a friend or relative during the day. Someone who can give them calm constant companionship. If that is not possible, for their safety, they need to be crated and a pet sitter can come once or twice during your work day. Separation Anxiety pets also do well working with a behaviorist, trainer along with a pet sitter, routine is very good with these dogs.
- Pets who are prone to bladder issues and those who are not – Bladder issues can be genetic but they can occur in any pet. Holding urine for long periods of time can heighten the possibility of a pet developing a bladder infection just by the mere fact that any bacteria in the bladder has more time to multiply.
- Pets who are prone to urinary tract infections and those who are not – the same issues for bladder infections can also create more urinary tract infections, allowing bacteria to multiply over time rather then expending on a shorter time span.
- High energy dogs – dogs with a lot of energy will definitely benefit from more exercise. For these pets you may want to book the extended time slot.
- Dogs who are overweight– as with any pet (or human), excess weight increase all kinds of health problems as time goes on, regular daily walks can help keep pets in shape and healthy. Some health risks for overweight pets are diabetes, heart problems, joint problems, arthritis and more.
- Pets with some behavior problems – Mid day Let out may help with many behavior problems associated with boredom and being left home alone for many hours each day (such as anxiety, chewing, destructiveness, etc). Pet Sitters are not trainers, however, regular routine of walking on a daily basis, does help many pets for many issues.
Dogs NOT good for Mid Day Let Out Service:
- Aggressive/Biting dogs – The only pets that are not a candidate for Mid Day breaks from a pet sitter are pets that are aggressive or biters. This is simply for the protection of the sitters as well as the pets. We simply cant have our amazing sitters harmed in any way because they have so many pets to care for!!
Here are a few other things:
- You Don’t need Mid Day visits but could use another time period…..Mid Day let out visits are generally in the middle of the day but most pet sitting companies can book you in for other times on a regular basis.
- Do your work from home, No Problem – Many of our clients work from home, but still have us come to exercise their pets. This keeps the pets on a consistent schedule and allows you to concentrate on your work.
- Do you have an elderly or disabled person at home, No Problem – we have a few people who are home when we come, maybe they can’t walk the of because of a disability or maybe hey don’t want to.
- Did you break your leg? – we are so sorry but we can help walk your dog.
- Too busy to exercise the dog – Are you really busy with your job and by the time you get home the last thing you want to do is go out again – we understand, everyone has a finite amount of time but we can help keep your pets exercised and on routine.
- How long will you stay with my pet – That’s up to you. You can make reservations for up to a half hour or add on for an hour or if you want 2, 3, 4 hours !!
Did you know;
- A Mid Day Break is Animal Welfare Recommended? – many animal welfare organizations will not adopt a pet to a home if there is no one home all day and a break is not given.
- Other Help – If you book for a Mid Day Service, many pet sitting companies may be able to help you with other things as well, like adding on pooper scooping the yard or Litterbox Maintenance
Simply put A mid day break is good for your pet’s physical and mental well being.
Mid Day breaks are so important to pets that we ask you to Please give ALL pets a break in the middle of your work day every day, whether we provide this service for you or you come home every day at lunch or have a friend, neighbor or relative come in for you.
Want More information on
Top Tips about Daycare for your dog vs Mid Day Let Out
If you are considering a Pet Sitting Company, here are a few links to help you
Top 10 Things to look for in a Pet Sitting Company
What to look for in a Pet Sitting Company
Advantages and Benefits of using a Pet Sitting Company
Tips to get the Most out of your Pet Sitting Experience
5 Ways Pet Sitting company keeps you and your pets safe
About the Owner/Author
Dorinne Whynott, is a long time animal professional. She is a successful business owner establishing one of the largest pet sitting companies in New Hampshire since 1990. Click to Read her complete History.
Professional Pet Sitting Etc. is a leading business in the pet care field and continues to grow since 1990. It boasts 30+ amazing pet sitters on staff, over 3000 clients in 38 cities from Nashua to Concord, NH. Hundreds of satisfied client testimonials can be found on their website and more 5 star reviews on their Facebook page, Google+ page and more. They have sustained an A+ rating with the BBB and are unmatched in the Pet Sitting Industry in New Hampshire.
Click For a Complete List of all of our educational Blogs
Go to Professional Pet Sitting Etc. Website for more information on the best pet sitting company or click on “New Client” to contact us or register for dog walking or pet care.
Contact us by phone at 603-888-8088
Pet Sitting NH , Pet Sitting Nashua NH , Pet Care NH, Petsitternh, Petsittersnh, Professional pet sitter, pet sitters, professional pet sitting, pet sitting, pet sitter, professional pet services, professional pet sitters, pro pet sitting, pet sit, pet, puppy sitting
cat sitting, cat sitter, cat sitters, professional cat sitter
dog, dog sitting, professional dog sitter, Dog walking new hampshire, dog sitter, Dog Walking NH, dog walking services, Dog Walker, Dog Walker NH
All rights reserved, copyright 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
This article can not be copied in part or in whole without specific written permission by the Author/Owner.